How to fix a blind that won't go up
Blinds are indispensable accessories in the home and it is because of the large capacity The blinds are designed to protect us from the rays of light that bother us on a daily basis. However, over the course of time, the blinds may stop working properly.
In this article we will explain a little more about it and, if you dare, you will be able to put our advice into practice. Don't miss it!
Why has the shutter stayed down and not gone up?
- Disregard the position of the slats: These slats are also known as slats, and in many cases, when the shutter gets stuck, it is because one of these slats has moved from its initial position, preventing the shutter from raising or lowering.
- Another of the most frequent causes is a incision in the tape holding the blind: this is the most common reason why conflict can occur.
- Due to the movement exerted on the pulleyThis starts to deteriorate or change of location. This is why, no matter how much we move the belt, the blind remains motionless. We can identify the problem when we notice that the belt is all over the belt and nothing is left on the pulley, the belt is not broken but it still does not do its job. The solution to this problem is best solved by a professional.
- Due to the failure of the roller shutter shaft fastenings. This repair is not complicated, it is only necessary to identify very well in which part of the blind the problem occurred.
Is it worth repairing a damaged roller shutter?
The answer to this question is yes, because light is one of the reasons that encourage people to buy a blind, the reason being the electricity savings it provides you with.
A technician who is trained in this kind of business will be able to get your shutter working in no time, whereas a person with a lower fee but who is not trained can take all day on it, and we don't know how long the result will last.
Materials and tools needed to repair the roller shutter
Below you will find a list of materials and tools that will be useful for you either for maintaining and upgrading your roller shutter or for repair it if it has any faults that may affect its performance.
- Replacement slats or slats to be fitted.
- Trim in good condition.
- New tape.
- New belt catcher drawer.
- Shutter stop.
- Tape runners.
- Phillips and flat screwdrivers.
- Electrically operated screwdriver.
How to fix the shutter, step by step
- The first thing to do is to separate the pieces that make up the shutter. This step is essential, otherwise it would be impossible to proceed with everything else. To do this: remove the covers that surround the drawer where it is stored the blind. If it is pressurised, you can do this more or less easily, otherwise you will have to unscrew it.
- Remove the ribbons surrounding the slat at the end of the roller shutter, which hold it to the metal tube of the roller shutter.
- Remove the shutter catcher with the screwdriver. Remove the screws.
- Remove the tape Remove the screw from the dustpan with the pliers, or remove the screw with the pointed tab.
- Remove all tape starting with the axle.
- Check the balance of the axis to avoid repair failures.
- Remove the shaft completely, clean and remove the tape. If you want to fit a new one, just cut the old one.
- If you want to replace the axles, this is the opportunity to do so, you just have to screw them at the same level than the previous ones.
Replacement of broken slat
- Just move it to one side very carefully until it is removed.
- Put a slat with the same characteristics in its place.
To install a new belt catcher
- If the dustpan is damaged, take advantage of the fact that you have loose parts and place the new one in place of the old one, avoiding the belt being in the opposite direction, as well as the dustpan.
- Make a tiny cut on the tape while it is folded.
- Pick up the pulley until it has resistance.
- Place the tape in direction opposite to the screw at the top of the pulley.
- Now, with great care, you will let the tape gradually loosen up.
- If necessary, replace the buffers.
- Finally, screw the roller shutter drawer together with the tape.
Tell us what you thought of this article, did you find this information useful?