How to dismantle a roller mosquito screen
In Spain, during the warmer months, we can already notice the presence of annoying insects, including mosquitoes, which can bite us and cause swelling, pain or irritation on our skin. To avoid this, the solution is mosquito netsbut, like any object, we have to dismantle the roll-up mosquito net so that it can be cleaned, repair it or exchange it for another one.
We will now show you how to dismantle a roller mosquito net.
What are roller mosquito nets?
It is one of the many types of mosquito nets that can be found on the market. It usually goes installed between the window and the shutterThey adapt well to any type of window. Its mechanism is based on a compact system that is added to the window and can be found in a wide variety of materials and colours.
Usually is installed at the top of the windowThere is a shaft that collects the mosquito net when it is raised. To ensure stability, it runs along lateral guides that raise and lower it, thus being well sealed to prevent insects such as mosquitoes from entering through the window.
How to dismantle the roller screen?
In case the mesh breaks and we have to fix it or replace it with another one, we will have to dismantle it to be able to perform the necessary action on it for our comfort. The steps to follow to dismantle a roller mosquito net are:
- When dismantling a roller screen, it is best to do so when the weather conditions are optimal to avoid having to wait for it to dry or to handle it wet in case of rain.
- In order to dismantle it, most of the time, we will have to first remove the guides containing the roller shutter and, subsequently, the head.
- Once the head has been disassembled, we have to remove the drawer containing the mosquito net rolled on an axle.
- To be able to do this, we have to remove the screw (if there is one) that holds the plastic end caps to the aluminium profile and that we will find in the side covers. This will be done in case we can remove it without any problems.
- We have to be cautious of the side containing the springThis could jump up and hurt us.
- In most cases, simply turning the drawer backwards will be enough to disengage it. If this is not possible, then the slides will have to be dismantled or the silicone holding them in place will have to be removed.
- We place the mosquito net drawer facing us on the inside..
- The cover that holds the spring and makes the movement of the fabric, we do not touch it for the moment.
- Remove the cover on the right side. It can be snapped on or screwed on (in this case only a screwdriver is needed to remove the screw and loosen the cover).
- Hold the plastic piece tightly while pulling the lid apart. to prevent damage.
- Once the cover is removed, we remove the shaft with the fabric. To be removed in one piece.
- Also remove the fabric from the lower part of the mosquito net base after removing the stopper.. It is recommended to remove it with the inner shaft, usually made of aluminium.
- If the spring becomes loose, don't worry, as it will tighten when the rolled-up mesh is reinserted into place.
- The roller mosquito net is now completely dismantled.
Now you know how to dismantle a roller window screen. As you can see, it is not very complicated and you can then store, clean or repair the insect screen much more easily.
In addition, mosquito nets are an effective solution to protect against mosquitoes and other insects during the warmer months in Spain. However, they sometimes need to be dismantled for cleaning, repair or replacement.
Once the roller mosquito screen has been dismantled, the necessary actions can be carried out, such as cleaning, repairing or replacing the fabric. At Sistemas24H, we provide you with a wide range of mosquito nets such as the roller blinds for PVC windows or the aluminium roller shutters ensuring a perfect fit and long-lasting protection against mosquitoes and other insects.
Don't wait any longer and enjoy a fresh and insect-free home!