How to install a roller shutter
Are you tired of the sun's rays waking you up every morning? At Sistemas 24H we have the best blinds that will wake you up every morning. can protect any area of your home.
If you made the decision to buy a blind, but you want to install it yourself, here we will give you a series of recommendations so that you can do it without too many problems.
Materials and tools needed
Before you start the installation process, it is important that you consider the following items you will need to make the installation a reality. Pay attention to the following list of tools and materials and if there are any you don't have on hand, make a note of them for later purchase.
- The blind you decided to buy.
- Taco (also known as dowels)
- Tape measure.
- Level (measuring instrument).
- Manual saw.
If you already have all the materials and tools You will then be able to continue without any problems during the installation.
Steps to install your own roller shutter
Here is a step-by-step installation process
1. Buy your blind
Choose the blind of your choice, for this step you need to be patient and know what you need for your home. If, once you know what you need, you still don't know what you need how to choose blindsThe experts at Sistemas 24H are always ready to help you.
2. Choose a surface and mark a line with the level.
- Draw a line at the level you want the blind to go; you can ask for help to make sure that the blind is level and fits properly. Four eyes can always see better than two.
- You should then mark the position of the screws using the brackets. The marks should be placed about 4 to 5 cm above the window; to check, you should consider that the marks should be at the same distance measuring from the centre.
3. Place the brackets
- Make sure the brackets are in place.
- The first thing to do is to drill holes in the wall.
- From here, place the dowels, if necessary, and fit the screws for the brackets.
4. Adjust the blind to the window
In the best cases, the blind will fit the window. But if this is not the case, you can cut it to the right size. To do this you must:
- Through measurements between the brackets, look at the instructions that came with the blind you purchased and see how much you need to remove to get a perfect fit.
- Open your shutter and fix and mark the excess bottom using a hand saw.
- Cut the blind with sharp scissors.
- Insert the plugs at both ends and then position the blind in the appropriate area.
5. Shutter ready!
If you have done everything as we have explained, there should be no problem With the installation of your roller shutter, what you need to do is to check that everything has gone as you thought it would in terms of length. Roll up and place the shutter exposed to check that the mechanism is operating correctly.
If the cord is long, you can tie a knot.
Tips for easy installation
- There is a chance that if you install the shutter on the outside it may not fit the required dimensions, so it is best to to be installed in an internal space where it is suitable.
- A pre-designed blind is more affordable, but if you find it a hassle to cut it, the best thing to do is to buy a personalised blind with the measurements you need to be installed in a specific space.
Now that you know a little more about the installation of a roller shutter Tell us, would you dare to install them yourself? What type of roller shutter do you like the most and why? On Systems24H We care about what you think, so we look forward to hearing your comments and opinions.