Is it possible to change a roller shutter cord without dismantling it?
With the passage of time, the lifting belt of the roller blinds may wear out. If it breaks, we will not be able to pick it up. Which, moreover, does not make the task of dismantling the drawer any easier. That's why today we tell you how to changing the cord of a roller shutter without disassembly nothing.
Reasons why the tape of a roller shutter breaks
The reasons why the cord of a roller shutter can deteriorate are mostly due to wear and tear caused by use and poor installation. The most common reasons are:
- Broken roller. The rope passes through a roller which ensures the correct winding and unwinding movement. If this part breaks, the belt will rub and deteriorate.
- Misalignment. If the elements for moving the blind are not properly aligned, the cord will rub against the roller and become damaged. This is quite common in large windows, as parts can be displaced when opening and closing the blind.
- Rubbing with the grommet spring. At roller shutters with external aluminium boxThe rope is protected so that it does not collide with the frame. However, if the spring has a burr, it can rub against the spring and break.
- Deteriorated discs or pulleys. These elements are used to guide the cord so that it winds up when the blind is raised. If they become damaged, they will cause damage and break the roller shutter.
- Abnormal belt friction. If the rope is not properly routed and rubs against something, it will eventually wear out or break.
Read on and find out how to fix the cord of a roller shutter quickly and easily.
How to change the blind cord without disassembling the drawer?
Yes, you can replace the strap or reel without disassembling anything. Here are the steps to change the rope, even if you are no expert. You'll see, it's quick, easy and convenient:
- Remove the bumpers that you see on the outside of the vehicle(the function of which is to prevent the rope from getting into the two holes when it is pulled up). To these, tie a long thin ribbon.
- Start winding until you feel some stiffness or notice that the string has been twisted several times.
- Cut the rope at a distance of 10-15 centimetres from the end.. Staple the new tape with what is left over, about 10 centimetres.
- Is the reel a surface reel? Then just untie the knot and screw it to the wall.
- Is the rope grab recessed? Cut about 10 centimetres.
- Turn the drum clockwise and insert the rope through the slot. Then hook it in the opposite direction.
- Without releasing the reel, screw the rope to the drum.
- Tuck the tape through the slot on the lower part of the reel and turn it clockwise. The spool has a spring inside, hold it in place and screw the rope onto the spool with a screw.
- Release little by little.
- Screw the reel and check that everything is working as it should.
What tools do I need to change the blind cord without dismantling?
At Sistemas24H, we have all types of spare parts and accessories for roller shutters. So here you can find everything you need for this task.
What is the maintenance of a roller shutter?
As you may have deduced, keeping your roller shutter in good condition is essential to avoid having to change its ribbon. We are aware that cleaning roller shutters, especially on the outside, is somewhat complex. However, try to take care of them as much as possible. This way, all its elements will last longer, including its cord.
From Sistemas24H, we advise you to clean your blinds at least once a month. In general. You have several ways to do it, choose the one that is most convenient for you:
- With the hoover: With the brush provided as an accessory for your hoover, it will be quite easy to remove the dust that accumulates between the slats.
- With a window cleaner and a cloth you have: The procedure is the same as if you were washing the windows. All you have to do is spray some of the product and wipe it off with a cloth.
- With a sponge and soapy water: this is the most typical way to clean alicantine blinds. Just fill a container with soap and water, moisten a sponge with the mixture and rub the surface.
- With a brush with soft bristles: this is the most effective way to take care of your blinds when the dirt is heavily encrusted.
Follow these tips and you will see that you won't need to change the tape on your blinds as often.
Now you know how to changing the cord of a roller shutter without disassembly nothing. As you can see, it's easier than it looks. Do you need another simple, quick and affordable tutorial? Then take a look at our blog, we explain, for example, how to connect a roller shutter switch in 5 steps.
In addition, if you are looking to add a touch of elegance and functionality to your windows, we invite you to discover our selection of roller shutters. With their versatile and stylish design, these blinds are the perfect choice to create cosy and modern atmospheres in your home. Visit our online shop and choose the one that best suits your needs. internal venetian blind that best suits your needs and tastes!