How to change the tape on a roller shutter
Blinds are the most useful elements to prevent light from filtering into our home or office; in addition, they help us to avoid the risk of protect against the sun's rays and extremely hot temperatures. For this reason, its demand is growing and growing every day; it even remains in the trends when redecorating.
However, by installing a roller shutterHowever, we must always take into consideration that, like any object, it has a useful life and many of its elements deteriorate.
For this reason, we want to give you useful tips so that you can changing the tape on a roller shutter Without making it too complicated, just follow these handy tips to the letter and you'll have a new ribbon in place in less time than you think.
- Roller blind cordYou can find it in our section of spare parts for blinds. It is recommended that when you buy them, you choose them with a length between 4 and 6 metres. You can also measure the old one and use it as a reference.
- ScrewdriverThe screw is useful for the process as we will need to remove and add screws to remove the parts and make the change.
- Scissors: you may need to remove part of the rope that does not fit into the space of the blind.
- Trim plate: you can put it back in case the previous one was also in bad condition; this way, the work will be neater.
- Screws: to replace the old ones and avoid further problems.
Step by step
- The first thing to do is to lower the roller shutter completely, so that you can also remove the upper part of the drawer.
- There are some shutters that are held in place by two metal structures, ideally these should be removed. anchors or screws. Others only have screws on the strings, in this case we also remove them.
- If your roller shutter has a metal protective plate, make sure to release it so that you can continue with the process of laying the new tapeIf not, continue with the following steps.
- Remove the knot of the previous ribbon, or cut it with the scissors; in this step, if you wish to change the trim in turn, you will have to remove it, so that you have entrance to the lower area catcher.
- Take a close look at the direction in which the old tape was placed, so that you have a reference for placing the new tape (an important point to remember). you must not forget is the size of the rope(it has to have the same measurements top and bottom multiplied by 4).
- Now it's time to attach the new strap, the way to do this is through the opening in the lid through the upper shaft and seal it in place with a knot. This will help you to stabilise.
- Again, if you have the metal frames that surrounded the metal rod of the blind, it will be important that you put them back in place to continue with the process. However, we recommend that you do not conclude it immediately, because from this step we will find out whether the axis of rotation needs more tension.
- As we did it in the upper area, we will also apply it to the lower part of the blind, we release the lower catcher and remove it from the area where it was.
- We will see, what is left of the old tape. We will make sure that it has been correctly setThe correct way to pick up the dustpan to avoid accidents.
- Finally we will take the scissors and make a small incision on the new tape, but only when it is already finished, this will make it feasible to fix it.
- Al test the tension, it is important that you apply rotational movements, so that we will know whether or not the way we were doing it was effective or not.
- Screw the area where the strap ends. The spring will have a natural force that will cause it to be screwed in from the beginning.
- Now you just have to place the dustpan right where you took it out, take into account if you have to unscrew and Done!
Why change the tape on a roller shutter?
Remember that it is important to change it from time to time, so that you can enjoy your roller shutter with a nicer aesthetic touch and, of course, more functional.
It can be said that the process of installing a new tape is similar to that of its assembly, the important thing is that you follow all the steps perfectly so that you don't miss anything and the process is done perfectly. speed and spontaneity.
Don't discount the fact that the old belt plays a very important role when fitting a new one, so it is of great importance that you secure both sides, both top and bottom when it comes to the screwed-on belt frame.
None of the steps are difficult, but you must have a lot of patience if you want to obtain quality results. Don't worry! Systems24H we are at your disposal to offer you a top-notch service, that's why we are always attentive to your comments.
We are experts in the marketing of blinds So our knowledge of them is quite extensive. Tell us about it! Have you ever changed the tape on a roller shutter? Did you find it a process? complicated or easy?