Ways to save on your electricity bill with roller shutters
More and more people are fixed costs we have at the end of the month: the mortgage, the telephone, the car, the electricity and natural gas bill, etc. In addition, with the constant increase in prices many families are looking for the best options to save money and reduce their electricity consumption on their electricity and natural gas bills.
One of the best options is the thermal insulation This way, you achieve a maximum reduction of energy consumption and a saving in your household bill.
Correctly using shutters and windows we can save between 10% and 20% of our energy consumption. It is very important to choose the right blinds for the house according to the light needs of each room.
- If a room needs a lot of lightWe advise you to install blinds that allow light to pass through.
- If you have double windowKeep the blinds up in winter to let in as much light and warmth as possible and avoid turning on the heating as much as possible.
- Yes you do not have a double windowTry to lower and raise the window depending on the sunlight; this protects the glass from high exposure to the cold and the room will not accumulate as much cold.
- SummerLower the blinds early in the morning, so that the heat doesn't build up so much. This avoids using the air conditioning to the maximum.
- Attic penthousesThe roof is the hottest part of the house, which is why we recommend installing a blind on a dormer with a window to reduce the amount of light that enters the house.
Improve the thermal insulation of your home
Proper thermal insulation of the home can reduce your electricity bill by up to 40%. This insulation prevents temperature loss and keeps temperatures stable inside the house, resulting in lower energy costs for heating and cooling.
There are many ways to improve the thermal insulation of your home. For example, by using blinds and windows correctly. you can save up to 20%It is also possible to insulate the house from its inception by installing foam, boards or panels that can be used to insulate the house. cover the walls. In short, a correct thermal insulation of your home can lead to savings on your electricity and natural gas bills.
Save electricity by using natural light
Something as easy and simple as raise the blind and open the window when we get up allows us to save on our electricity bill. Other customs that can help us to reduce energy consumption are: open blinds and curtains while there is sunlight, turn on the light only when necessary, turn it off when nobody is there, etc.
On the other hand, it is very important to choosing the right curtainsThe best option is to use curtains made of light, translucent fabrics. If we paint the house, it is best to opt for light colours for ceilings and wallsThese will increase the brightness of the home. Last but not least, the location of the house. The cost is lower if the house faces south, if it is fully exposed to the outside and if it is not surrounded by tall buildings.